The European Microfinance Platform [e-MFP], the leading network of organisations and individuals active in the financial inclusion sector in developing countries, is looking for a
To support the organization of the European Microfinance Week, the European Microfinance Award and to develop and manage e-MFP’s working groups (Action Groups) and Offsite Sessions.
Assist e-MFP’s research projects. Contribute to the objectives of the e-MFP.
We are looking for a Microfinance Officer who combines a solid background in microfinance and strong interest in development and poverty reduction issues and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. You should be detail-oriented and have sound judgment and strong reasoning skills, as well as good problem-solving abilities and effective communication.
• University degree in finance / political science / international relations / economics
• Specialization in microfinance or equivalent experience
• 2 year’s work experience
• Experience in project management and networking activities
• Very good command of English and strong in French and/or Spanish
• Proficiency in major computer software (MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint)
• Ability to work independently and most importantly as part of a small, multi-cultural team
• Diplomatic skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners
• EU work permit
Full time, based in Luxembourg
If you are interested in this position and want to join this small, dynamic team,
please send a letter of motivation and your resume by email to Sophie Lafleur at